- Obsolete Date 31-12-2099
- End of support date 31-12-2104
- Input voltage 100 – 240 VAC, rated (depending on power supply chosen)
- Routing/switching capacity 104 Gbps maximum, depending on configuration
- Operating humidity range 15 to 95% @ 104°F (40°C)
- Management features Web browser
- Latency 100 Mb Latency: < 7 µs 1000 Mb Latency: < 2.3 µs
- Minimum dimensions ( H x W x D) 25.4 x 15.95 x 4.39 cm
- Switching capacity 16 Gbps
- Throughput up to 11.9 Mpps
- PoE capability 65 W PoE+
- Memory and processor ARM Cortex-A9 @ 400 MHz 128 MB SRAM Packet buffer size: 1.5 MB 16 MB flash
- Weight 0.91 kg
- Ports (4) RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 PoE+ ports (4) RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports
- Product dimensions (H x W x D) 10 x 6.28 x 1.73 in
- Weight 2.01 lb
- Power Consumption 83.9 W (maximum)
The HPE 1820 Switch Series offers more choice and flexibility for smaller organizations that require ease of use and lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), while delivering better network performance. They are smart-managed, fixed configuration, Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2 switches in an easy-to-administer solution that have the latest energy-saving capabilities. These switches are plug-and-play out of the box, where network operation can be fine-tuned through features available from a simple Web browser-based GUI, when needed.
- Customizable features for enhanced network performance.
- Fanless design available on four models for quiet operation.
- Non-PoE and PoE+ models for deployment flexibility.
- Intuitive Web management interface with an enhanced navigation pane.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Quality of Service (QoS)
The HPE 1820 Switch Series traffic prioritization provides time sensitive packets (like VoIP and video) with priority over other traffic based on DSCP or IEEE 802.1p classification. Packets are mapped to eight hardware queues for more effective throughput.
Broadcast control allows limiting of broadcast traffic rate, to reduce unwanted network broadcast traffic.
IEEE 802.11p/Q delivers data to devices based on the priority and type of traffic.
Some models are of a fan-less design, making them quiet for office deployments.
Easy-to-Use, Simple to Deploy and Manage
Energy Efficiency and Lower TCO
The 8-port Gigabit Ethernet model can be powered by an upstream PoE switch for environments where no line power is available.
The HPE 1820 Switch Series features an intuitive Web management interface with an enhanced navigation pane for easy management of devices by non-technical users. The HPE 1820 Switch Series is ideal for organizations that require simplicity.
Customizable features include VLANs, Spanning Tree, Link aggregation trunking, and IGMP Snooping. All models include Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) and DSCP QoS policies.
All switches are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
These switches support flexible installation options, including mounting on walls, under tables or on desk tops.
The series gives you flexibility and choice with a complete portfolio. You get six rack-mountable models including three non-Power over Ethernet (PoE) models. Some models include SFP ports for fiber connectivity.
The HPE 1820 Switch Series include the latest energy-savings capabilities, including Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE), idle-port power down and PoE Port Scheduler.
- HPE X410 1U Universal 4-post Rackmount Kit
- HPE OfficeConnect OC20 2×2 Dual Radio 802.11ac (RW) Access Point
- HPE 3Y FC NBD Exch 1820 8G SVC
- HPE 5Y FC NBD Exch 1820 8G SVC